Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Dispensing

Hello,

I'm new here and have just gotten into kegging. I'm planning on installing a remote dispensing system from my crawl space to my kitchen above. I'm planning on retrofitting a dehumidifer or using a mini freezer as a glycol chiller and using a pond pump to circulate the coolant through a micromactic trunk line to the kitchen.

I have a couple of questions:

The wall I want to install the taps on I do not have access to from the back side. What's the best way to make a nice system that I can get to the back of to service?

Does the pond pump need to run continuously? I'm just wondering about electricity costs. What would the impact be of it running on a cycle (ie 10 min every hour)? Or even just running starting at 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM (typical consumption times).

Thanks for the help.

You must run the pump 24/7. Your beer lines will warm up within minutes of the pump shutting down. End result, warm foamy beer down the drain.

Comment

What if the beer is re-chilled prior to serving?

Comment

Originally posted by BurlOn View Post
        What if the beer is re-chilled prior to serving?

When it warms up, co2 will break out of the beer so that you will end up with what looks like air in the line. That co2 would take quite a bit of time to absorb back into the beer after re-chilling. Probably a day or more.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Working...
        X