Noisy Compressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisy Compressor

I have an 11 year-old Summit SBC500 Kegorator. It runs fine but is starting to make a loud humming noise on an intermittent basis. I'm guessing the noise comes from the compressor. Short of repairing or replacing the compressor, is there anything I can do to reduce the noise, which can become annoying. Otherwise the compressor seems to be functional. I had one idea: would furniture coasters under the Kegerator's 4 wheels stem the noise by reducing the vibration? Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

If you are sure the noise is coming from inside the compressor, there is not much you can do short of replacing the compressor. If the noise is more of a vibrating sound you could try to localize it & try to insulate whatever may be vibrating with some foam tape or similar. Although, sometimes things just start to make noises as they wear & get older.

THE ICEMAN
    Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 02-12-2016, 02:46 PM.
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

[LIST][*]If your condenser is older, the best solution is a new unit. Newer designs are dramatically quieter than those produced just a few years ago. And they save money. A high-efficiency unit might cut your cooling bills in half and pay for itself in three or four years. The downside, of course, is the initial cost.[*]If you already have a newer condenser, the worst noise is probably coming from the compressor. (Fans on newer units are very quiet.) Contact the manufacturer to find a sound blanket for your model or buy a universal blanket

Comment

Working...
      X