Edgestar Kegerator help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edgestar Kegerator help

Picked up a edgestar br2000bl kegerator for free but it does need a bit of work. First thing I need to do/get is address the tap tower. The guy I got it from said it needs a new gasket and they can be found on-line. I have googled multiple times with no luck, has anyone replaced it? The tower is very loose so I either need to fix or replace. If I replace it with a 3" what is the best way to open up the existing hole? Drill it or sawzaw it? Once I get that sealed up I will work on adjusting the thermostat to cool it down.

You should be able to remove the top by removing the clips on the back. Generally, 2 metal clips with 2 screws securing the top in place. Then gently slide the top towards the front to detach and then lift up and off. Now you can see if any electrical lines run around the hole. I recommend replacing the 2 inch tower with a 3 inch to allow installation of a tower blower hose.

Use a sharp hole saw. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by DCullender View Post
      You should be able to remove the top by removing the clips on the back. Generally, 2 metal clips with 2 screws securing the top in place. Then gently slide the top towards the front to detach and then lift up and off. Now you can see if any electrical lines run around the hole. I recommend replacing the 2 inch tower with a 3 inch to allow installation of a tower blower hose.

Use a sharp hole saw. Good luck.
      Thanks just took a look at it and the top has no screws in it. Pried on it a bit and sounds like it is glued on... Not sure I want to pull it up...

Comment

Working...
      X