Pressure release valve help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure release valve help

I recently purchased my first kegerator and am a complete rookie so was looking for some expert help with a problem I have.
    I hooked up my keg turned on my co2 tank and beer flowed ok.
    I have since rehooked it up to the same keg just minutes later and tried turning my co2 tank on. As soon as I turn the tap to open the co2 the pressure release valve kicks in and makes a loud noise as I am assuming it releases pressure. I immediately turn the tank off as I don't know what this means. Can anyone tell me what is happening? Does it mean my keg has become over pressurised meaning I can't turn the tap on? Sorry I am a complete noob at this
    Someone please help

The valve blows off at 45 psi if it is working properly, what is your regulator set at?
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Should I just allow to continue to blow off? Will it eventually just stop when at the correct level?
      I have no idea what it is set at how will I know?

Comment

Your regulator should have a dial on it which is the pressure you are setting coming out of the tank. If that valve is blowing off there is either huge pressure coming out of the regulator or the blow off itself is broken. Your set pressure should be in the 11-14psi range.
        What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Your regulator should have a gauge that ranges from 0 - 60 psi. Gauge at the 12 o'clock location on the regulator. The adjustment screw is located at the center of the dome. Counter clockwise lowers pressure, clockwise raises pressure.

First, shut off gas. With the keg tapped, and gas off, pull the release valve on the coupler to empty all gas from keg.
          Now, untap keg. Turn the gas canister on, adjust to zero. Lower the handle on the coupler to release gas in the line. Raise handle. Adjust gas pressure to 10 - 12 psi. Retap keg.

Comment

Something simple that gets overlooked is the release valve can be locked in the open position. Make sure the ring on the valve is turned where it can recede into the groove.
            Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
            but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Working...
            X