Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Seeks Advice on Summit Purchase

Greetings, fellow beer lovers!

I've been researching dem internetz and lurking about these forums for a while, and am getting close to pulling the trigger on an undercounter Kegerator for my home basement bar. I think I have a fair idea of what is needed from the advice I've found here, but since I haven't actually ordered yet, I thought it would be smarter to ask first, instead of asking what I did wrong after the fact...

This is my planned purchase:
    Summit SBC677BITWIN 2-faucet undercounter kegerator
    Stainless tower w/ 2 Perlick 630SS
    2 standard D couplers
    Commercial grade 2 product Dual gauge Regulator
    5 lb RED CO2 tank
    Deluxe (lol) Hand pump cleaning kit w 32oz cleaning fluid

I will most likely run with 1 sixtel for the majority of the time - occasionally 2 sixtels for larger social events. I'll be pouring mostly IPAs. Any thoughts on this cooler?

I've read that 38˚ is my target temp. I've read that 10-12 psi is a good place to start for Keg pressure.

Is the standard 5 or so feet of included beer lines enough? or should I consider buying longer lengths?

I've read that my tower may need to be cooled - it doesn't appear that this model includes an internal fan... Do I need a tower cooling kit? if so, can anyone recommend one that performs well? I think I'd prefer to buy one over building one.

The tap tower will be mounted on top of granite, so I understand I need to provide a PVC channel between the Keg and the granite. Anything additional to note here? I was hoping to avoid putting fasteners into the granite - can silicon be used to mount the tower? Are there any commercially available turnkey solutions for this?

Any thoughts and/or advice would be appreciated! CHEERS!
    Last edited by EyePeeAy; 01-12-2016, 07:10 PM.

So you are mounting the tower on top of your counter, the kegerator itself is going to be hidden? If that is the case, I'd skip buying a full kegerator and get a large mini fridge, then order the dual tower kit separately to turn the fridge into a kegerator. Premium Tower Kegerator Conversion Kit # RCK-LC-SGT-2
    That way, you can make sure you are not simply getting a super cheap fridge, as most of those pre-built kegerators are that way unless you are spending upwards of $2k for the setup. This will be considerably cheaper, have a much higher quality, and you can possibly get more keg space to boot. Cheers!
    Last edited by Khaymanbb; 01-13-2016, 05:33 AM. Reason: link not working

Comment

You can't build in a mini fridge unless it is designed for that application. Built in units breath through the front at the bottom, which is what allows them to be built in.
      What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Look at the edgestar under counter model, it has a tower cooler setup already and is price compareable
        Colin Harrison
        Dbi Beverage Chico

Comment

Thanks for the tip! Definitely looking into that. I prefer to do as little modding as possible.

Comment

Working...
          X