Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danby DWC512BL Thermostat Bypass

Hi everyone.
    I found this forum through searching how to bypass the thermostat for this model - 51 bottle wine chiller. I got this for cheap off CL and I want to use it for a fermentation/lager chamber. I need it to get 35F, but the internal thermostat automatically shuts off the compressor even when its at 35.

I have built a dual stage temp controller to control the fridge so my goal is to have it so that whenever the temp controller turns on the fridge > the compressor will run/fans too hopefully.

I have had 2 IDEAS:
    1: Just extend the sensor that you will be able to see in the photo using spare wire so that I can place it outside the fridge. The fridge default temp for cooling is 53F so as long as the outside of the fridge was greater than 53F then the compressor would run.

2. I would ideally like to figure out how to just bypass it to avoid this hassle.

Any other ideas, tips, greatly appreciated. As of now I haven't even identified the thermostat... just the sensor. In the attached photos you will see the Danby model I have DWC512BL has a digital display. I took it apart and those are the wires you see/circuit board. I also took apart the light bulb. Other photos include the back of the model along with the attached circuit diagram.

Thanks again & happy new year.
    Attached Files

The idea I had was to bypass it using this circuit diagram.

Essentially there are 3 reds going into the Digital temperature control display thing (which you can see in the photo above) and 3 blacks. I think I need to tie 2 of the reds together to the output, and then plug that into the circuit board.

Then I need to do it again with the blacks. I think this will essentially just take the thermostat out of picture which I hope will make the compressor always run when my temp controller turns it on?

Any opinions on which red/black wires I should splice based on the diagram or if I'm even correct about the circuit board in the digital display being the thermostat itself? (there is no traditional turn dial thermostat that I've found I assume it's all digital)
    Attached Files

Comment

Anyone have any suggestions/guidance! Thanks.

Comment

From what I can tell, it looks like you are on the right track. However the original picture of the wiring diagram is too blurry and there is a glare from the flash making it difficult to see what you whited out. Can you repost another shot?
        Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
        but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Please share the clear images. Share all the schematics you have.
          Also share the whole setup details.
          Share the specifications of all components if you can.

hdi pcb
          Last edited by JuanPowell; 02-05-2016, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bosster01 View Post
            Hi everyone.
            I found this forum through searching how to bypass the thermostat for this model - 51 bottle wine chiller. I got this for cheap off CL and I want to use it for a fermentation/lager chamber. I need it to get 35F, but the internal thermostat automatically shuts off the compressor even when its at 35.

I have built a dual stage temp controller to control the fridge so my goal is to have it so that whenever the temp controller turns on the fridge > the compressor will run/fans too hopefully.

I have had 2 IDEAS:
            1: Just extend the sensor that you will be able to see in the photo using spare wire so that I can place it outside the fridge. The fridge default temp for cooling is 53F so as long as the outside of the fridge was greater than 53F then the compressor would run.

2. I would ideally like to figure out how to just bypass it to avoid this hassle.

Any other ideas, tips, greatly appreciated. As of now I haven't even identified the thermostat... just the sensor. In the attached photos you will see the Danby model I have DWC512BL has a digital display. I took it apart and those are the wires you see/circuit board. I also took apart the light bulb. Other photos include the back of the model along with the attached circuit diagram.

Thanks again & happy new year.
            OP, were you able to get this to work? I have a very similar model with almost identical wiring and would like to do the same thing. Please let me know how this went. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X