Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Troubleshooting Pressure Regulator - Guinness 1/6 keg fell 38 -->10psi over 6 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troubleshooting Pressure Regulator - Guinness 1/6 keg fell 38 -->10psi over 6 weeks

New keg. Single gauge regulator. Full G-mix small tank.
    Hooked up Cornelius keg with Guinness and the pressure has been dropping. It's at 10 now on the first keg i have, and if i close the shut-off valve, the PSI doesn't move.

Home unit, beer line is a few feet long.
    40 degrees temp.

It has been dropping slowly over the last month. It was fine for the first 2 weeks, then started to drop.

Leak? Or do i have another issue?

THanks in advance.

Sounds like a leak or a bad regulator
    Colin Harrison
    Dbi Beverage Chico

Comment

Lower fridge temp, coat in soap/water mix. If cold enough, and bubbles form, the bubbles will come close to freezing and stick for hours. Let sit coated in soap mixture for several hours, see if bubbles form. Some slow leaks may not bubble though, and if you have a super slow leak that may happen. Get new seals, get food-grade lubricant for the rubber seals, and re-seal all. Try again, see if that helps.

Comment

Thanks Khaymanbb

I have continued to struggle with this leak. I'm thinking it's the coupler at this point, as this older style coupler simply might not work with a Cornelius keg, and I should buy the other coupler that is shorter in length and won't touch the rim of the keg. Thoughts?
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by heynowjerry View Post
          Thanks Khaymanbb

I have continued to struggle with this leak. I'm thinking it's the coupler at this point, as this older style coupler simply might not work with a Cornelius keg, and I should buy the other coupler that is shorter in length and won't touch the rim of the keg. Thoughts?

You just need the push button handle if you can attain one by itself and swap it out. When the guinness sixtels came out we had to change a lot of them
          The long handles do not work with the sixtels and me thinks you jammed it on there, which could easily cause it to leak air
          http://www.webstaurantstore.com/imag...308/509451.jpg
          Last edited by PremiumVADraftTech; 06-15-2016, 06:42 PM.

Comment

PremiumVADraftTech is surely right the handle is the problem. Depending on how often you use this keg style if not often just unscrew the black fiber handle from the tapper then it will lock without touching the rim and you won't need a different tapper.

Comment

Originally posted by pvs6 View Post
              PremiumVADraftTech is surely right the handle is the problem. Depending on how often you use this keg style if not often just unscrew the black fiber handle from the tapper then it will lock without touching the rim and you won't need a different tapper.

Thanks PrmiumVADraftTech & pvs6. I went ahead and bought the new handle. I'll put the older one back on Ebay. your guidance is appreaciated.

Comment

Working...
              X