Lager Beer Conditioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lager Beer Conditioning

About to try my first true lager now that I have a wine refridge that I can set to 55 degrees. Looking for a little clarification, so I ferment at about 55 degrees for 3 weeks, but when I bottle, do I store and condition at the same temperature, or once bottled can I just store them at room temperature?

Thanks all
    Last edited by duyentb; 01-18-2016, 02:25 AM.

That depends on how long you intend to store them. If you go to any store that sells beer, you can see that there are bottles and cans of lagers available at room temperature. But most beers will be best consumed fresh. A beer will age faster, the warmer it is. So if you want to keep it tasting fresher, longer, keep them cold.

If you're going to drink them over a period of a few weeks, keeping them at room temperature isn't going to make much of a difference. If you think they are going to be around for months or longer, I'd keep them cold if possible.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Beer, like almost everything has many types and varies... There are two main types of beer, Ale and Lager... Ale is the oldest type of beer, it is stronger than lager and the colour varies (red, brown etc). On the other hand lager is usually your regular "blonde" beer that has a light flavor and it isn't that strong (Miller, Bud, Coors etc...).

So if you take as a fact that lager beer is the most consumed beer in the world, then it doesn't differ because lager is your "normal beer"....

Comment

Originally posted by cubby_swans View Post
        That depends on how long you intend to store them. If you go to any store that sells beer, you can see that there are bottles and cans of lagers available at room temperature. But most beers will be best consumed fresh. A beer will age faster, the warmer it is. So if you want to keep it tasting fresher, longer, keep them cold.

If you're going to drink them over a period of a few weeks, keeping them at room temperature isn't going to make much of a difference. If you think they are going to be around for months or longer, I'd keep them cold if possible.

That's very nice suggestion

Comment

Hey, there! I have been looking for a perfect gift for my father who is a hardcore traveler and a Beer Drinker. I can guess that you guys can help me. Any help will be much appreciated.

Comment

That us such a helping thread. It helps me with the storing of beers.

Comment

Working...
            X